What to Bring - MTB
The essential kit to enjoy your mountain bike holiday in Spain
- Bike - rental of one of our bikes is included in your holiday price or you can bring you own (see below)
- Helmet (bring you own or use ours - free of charge)
- Padded cycling shorts (essential kit for staying comfortable over a few days' riding)
- Your own saddle if you prefer - let us know if you are bringing one
- Cycling gloves
- Cycling tops or T shirts
- Sports bra (ladies only!)
- Cycling shoes (let us know if you want clip-in pedals) or trainers - firm soles are best.
- Sun cream and after-sun lotion
- Rucksack or Camelbak for carrying water, suncream, spare clothes etc.
- Casual clothes, swimwear and footwear
- Health insurance policy document
- Phone charge, European adapter plug
- Phone battery powerbank (ref. self-guided tours RidewithGPS app.)
For winter riding
- extra body layers with long sleeves (thin thermal tops are great)
- light waterproof/windproof jacket
- neck scarf / snood (great as sweat bands in the summer and for warmth in the winter)
- warm fleece and jacket for the evenings
If you bring your own bike
- Make sure you check with your airline what their requirements are before you travel. Pack it carefully, either in a bike box or bag to avoid damage in transit – pipe insulation is perfect to protect the frame. Remember to deflate the tyres, lower the saddle, turn the handle bars in and remove the pedals.
- Have your bike serviced before your trip.
- Bring with you a spare rear mech hanger, replacement brake pads, chain and inner tubes.
- We have secure storage for your bike.