Skip to main content
What to Bring
The essential kit to enjoy your cycling holiday
- Bike - rental of one of our bikes is included in your holiday price or you can bring you own (see below)
- Helmet (bring you own or use ours - free of charge)
- Padded cycling shorts (essential kit for staying comfortable over a few days' riding)
- Your own saddle if you prefer - let us know if you are bringing one
- Cycling gloves
- Cycling tops or T shirts
- Sports bra (ladies only!)
- Cycling shoes (let us know if you want clip-in pedals) or trainers - firm soles are best.
- Sun cream and after-sun lotion
- Casual clothes, swimwear and footwear
- Health insurance policy document (for UK travellers, a European Health Insurance Card, EHIC, will give you access to reduced cost medical services in Spain but it is not an alternative to travel insurance. It will not cover any private medical healthcare or costs such as mountain rescue, repatriation costs or lost or stolen property. Therefore it is important to have both an EHIC and a valid private travel insurance policy. Some insurers now insist you hold an EHIC and many will waive the excess if you have one. The EHIC is available free at https://www.ehic.org.uk/Internet/startapplication.do
For winter riding
- extra body layers with long sleeves (thin thermal tops are great)
- light waterproof/windproof jacket
- neck scarf / snood (great as sweat bands in the summer and for warmth in the winter)
- warm fleece and jacket for the evenings
If you bring your own bike
- Make sure you check with your airline what their requirements are before you travel. Pack it carefully, either in a bike box or bag to avoid damage in transit – pipe insulation is perfect to protect the frame. Remember to deflate the tyres, lower the saddle, turn the handle bars in and remove the pedals.
- Have your bike serviced before your trip.
- Bring with you a spare rear mech hanger, replacement brake pads, chain and inner tubes.
- We have secure storage for your bike.