Road Cycling Training Retreat in Spain - Coaching plus Comfort
Start your season on the bike with a training week in beautiful Andalucia. Build an endurance base and training knowledge for the coming season. These training weeks are aimed at beginner / intermediate road cyclists who would like to improve their cycling technique, endurance fitness and training know-how. This is more than simply a training camp - this experience is designed to help you become a better cyclist and to leave you fully prepared and working towards your goals.
- Hike and Bike the Sierras work with qualified coaches to deliver:
- fully-supported and structured training weeks
- daily guided rides on superb mountain roads through areas of outstanding natural beauty
- boutique country hotel accommodation, half board
- traditional culture and a friendly Andalucian welcome in Ronda and the surrounding villages
'The week's cycling is focussed on building up your fitness base. We do steady group rides to give you miles in your legs before the season starts. It is a holistic week, incorporating ways to improve your cycling, both in and out of the saddle, to help you head in the right direction towards your cycling goals.'
If you are planning your first event in 2022 or simply want to do some warm weather riding in good company, then this is the week for you."
5 Days Riding from Ronda
Routes will be tailored to abilities within the group with options to extend or reduce routes to cater for different abilities. Rest assured, the guided rides will operate on a no-drop basis and riders will be supported and encouraged to reach their potential. There will be plenty of opportunities to practice group riding and climbing /descending skills. Routes can be further adjusted during the week if needed. For piece-of-mind the support vehicle is just a phone call away.
- Long mountain ascents and descents, covering some stages from the Vuelta de Espania and Vuelta de Andalucia
- Smooth, quiet, low-traffic roads
- Amazing vistas at every turn: mountain passes, beautiful varied landscapes, lake and sea views
- Traditional white villages for refuelling stops - great local dishes
- 300 days a year of Andalucian sunshine
- Goal setting
- Planning your training year
- Event preparation
- Fueling for riding - diet and nutrition
- Off-bike training
- Mechanical competence
- Optional Yoga class in Ronda
Road Cycling Training Retreat Summary
|Duration||7 days 6 nights 5 days of riding|
Distances & Ascent
Beginner and Intermediate
During the course of the week, rides build from 57km up to 80km and climbing escalates from 1256m to 1795m.
Managing your expectations:
Rides can be tailored to the needs of the group with vehicle support operating on all days.
|Grading||Steadily increasing rates of distance and ascent over the week. Emphasis is on building an endurance base for the coming season.|
|Availability Spring 2021||
April 17th to April 23rd
May 15th to 21st
Bespoke dates for groups of 4 or more. Start on any day of the week.
€995 p.p. Price includes:
Bring your own bike or we can arrange rental of carbon-framed road bikes from €140 for the week
Price based on 2 people sharing a double or twin room, half board at boutique country hotel "Molino del Puente"
Single occupancy and non-rider prices available upon request
Why choose Ronda for your Cycling Training Camp?
Where will you be staying?
Our training holidays are located in a family-run, boutique countryside hotel, just outside Ronda, the Hotel Molino del Puente (click here to read more).
The hotel is a beautifully restored olive mill, full of character and comfort, with an excellent reputation for its hospitality and food. You will dine in the hotel's excellent restaurant - Ian, the chef and co-owner, can provide menus for all dietary preferences.
Standard accommodation is for 2 people in a double or twin room with en-suite. Half-Board - breakfast, afternoon tea and cakes, 3-course evening meal.